We encourage you to start your prenatal care as soon as possible, preferably before your 14th week of pregnancy.
Accepted Health Insurance Plans: We accept Medicaid and the following Managed Care Plans: Buckeye, CareSource, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, and Paramount.
If you do not have insurance but think you may be Medicaid-eligible, it’s easy as 1-2-3.
1. Submit an application for Healthy Start and Healthy Families (Medicaid) at the Job Center, 1111 South Edwin C Moses Blvd. Be sure to ask for a receipt when you turn in your application. You can download an application here. The form number is ODM07216.
You can also apply for Medicaid online at benefits.ohio.gov. If you apply online, be sure to print out the email confirmation as an application receipt.
If you have questions about the process after applying for Medicaid, go to the Medicaid.ohio.gov website. This site provides step-by-step instructions as to what to expect after applying.
2. In addition to the application, you will need a written Verification of Pregnancy Form from an ER, physician, clinic or Women’s Center.
If you do not have a Verification of Pregnancy Form, you may call any one of the Elizabeth’s New Life Center Women’s Centers to make an appointment for a free pregnancy test.
Be sure to indicate that you are in need of a Verification of Pregnancy form and they will be happy to assist you.
– Women’s Center Dayton – 359 Forest Ave. Suite 105. 937-228-2222
– Women’s Center East – 4787 Burkhardt Ave Suite 201. 937-610-7777
– Women’s Center Kettering – 1377 E. Stroop Rd. Suite 301. 937-643-4673
3. Call us to make an appointment at 937-228-4492. We will see you while you are being approved for Medicaid if you bring the receipt or email showing you have applied, either at the Job Center or completed an online application. We are open Tuesday through Friday from 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
Bring the following to your first appointment:
– Your Verification of Pregnancy Form, photo ID, SS card, and Insurance Card (or Receipt from the
Job Center or Confirmation of online application indicating that you have applied for insurance).
– List of any medications you are taking other than vitamins or iron supplements.
– Any questions you have. (We encourage you to write them down so you’ll remember everything you want to ask.)
– If you will be more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, please call to verify that you can still be seen.
– If you cannot keep your appointment, please call at least 24 hours in advance in order to open up that
time for other patients.